How Contacts Join Your Group(s)
Your contacts can join a specific group(s) in your Contacts section from their device. This provides a simple way to keep contacts organized. To do this, you’ll want to have a textable toll-free 8xx number assigned to your Call-Em-All account. (You can enable text messaging by clicking the Setup Texting button at the top of your account.)
To join the Everyone list:
- Text the word JOIN to your account's toll-free number.
- The contact will receive a text confirming that they’ve been put into your Everyone list.
- This will place their phone number into your account’s Everyone list with the note "Opted in via JOIN to [your toll-free number]".
To join a specific contact group:
- Text the word JOIN followed by a space and the group name that they want to join (Example: JOIN STAFF) to your account's toll-free number.
- The contact will receive a text confirming that they’ve been put into your group.
- The contact’s phone number will appear in both the Everyone list and the group you created with the note "Opted in via JOIN to [your toll-free number]".
Other things to note:
- If a contact attempts to join a specific group and spells the group name incorrectly......
- We will put their phone number in your Everyone list. However, they will not be placed in a specific group.
- They will receive a text confirming that they were put into your Everyone list and explaining we were unable to put them in a specific group because the name was incorrect.
- We'll display any join attempt through the Conversations section of your account.
- If you change the name of the Group name, those that have joined that group will not be removed from the Group.