Need A Helping Hand?
How do I create a text message broadcast?
How to Create a Text Message Broadcast
Click on “Create a Broadcast” on the top of the page after logging in.
1. Select “Text Only” as the Message Type.
2. Name the broadcast for your own reference, i.e. ‘Meeting Reminder.’
3. Click “Next.”
4. Decide who you want to receive this message. You have three options:
a. Add from Existing Contacts: If you have numbers loaded in your contact list, click “Add from Existing Contacts,” then you can click the box next to the group name you’d like to contact. Click “Add Selected group to contacts.” You can also select individual numbers out of a group by clicking on the group name and selecting the box to the left of the contact information. Click “Next.”
b. Upload a file: Click “Upload a File,” then “Select a File.” Select the Excel or .CSV spreadsheet that you would like to upload, then select open. You will then see how many Good or Bad records were uploaded. Then, select “Import to Broadcast” to import the Good Records to the broadcast. Click “Next.”
c. Add Individually: You can manually type in the name or phone number of the contact you would like to add by clicking “Add Individually.” Then, you can click “Add and Close” or “Add & Add another.” Once you’re done adding contacts, click “Next.”
*Remember you can only send text messages to the phone numbers that have opted in to your keyword by text messaging that keyword to the number 292929.
5. Decide when you want your broadcast to start. You can keep “Yes” as the option to have calls start immediately. To schedule it for a specific time, click on the “Yes” to have it slide over to “No.” Then, you can select the start date and time. Select “Next” once you are done.
6. Enter your text message in the text box. You have up to 160 characters for your message (including your keyword and a colon at the beginning so your recipients know who the text message is coming from). Select “Next” once you are done.
7. Review steps 1-4 to make sure everything is correct. Click “Submit” and your broadcast will go out as scheduled.
Viewing the Results of a Broadcast
1. Once a broadcast has been created, it will be visible on the HOME screen under the ‘Active Broadcasts’ tab.
a. To cancel an existing broadcast, click the box with the ‘X’ that is located to the left of the name of the active broadcast.
b. To pause an active broadcast before it is completed, click the name of the broadcast to open the ‘Broadcast Details’ page. Click the ‘Pause’ button on the left side of the page.
2. Once a broadcast has been completed, it will be visible on the HOME page under ‘Completed Broadcasts’.
a. To delete a broadcast/remove the broadcast from your list of ‘Completed Broadcasts’, click the box with the ‘X’ inside to the left of the broadcast name.
b. To view the ‘Broadcast Details’ of a broadcast, simply click the title of the broadcast that you’d like to view. If you would like view the details of a specific category, click the tab that corresponds with that category. [A shortcut to this view would be to click the number under the corresponding results category on the HOME screen under ‘Completed Broadcasts’.
Our Support Rockstars
We have a super awesome customer support team at your service. We're the people whose job it is to deliver help and happiness.
"The Eagle Has Landed"
Product & Technical Support
"The Eye Of The Storm"
Director of Customer Experience
Strategy & Support
"Sunny With A Chance"
Creative & Support
Knowledge Base & Support
Still Stuck? Talk to us.
Give Us A Ring
Monday - Friday 8am-6pm CST
Send Us An Email
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Got a quick question?